Smoke alarms and smoke detectors save lives
Smoke alarms and smoke detectors are life-saving devices that add critical seconds to implement actions that save lives and protect property. Did you know that it’s the law that all NSW residential properties including owner occupied homes, rental properties, relocatable homes, caravans, campervans and any other building where people sleep must have at least one working smoke alarm installed on each level of their home.
Important facts about smoke alarms and smoke detectors:
- Every house or home unit has a suitable number of working smoke alarms installed.
- There should be smoke alarms on every level of your home.
- Only Australian Standards AS3786 approved alarms should be used.
- Hard wired alarms must be fitted by a qualified electrician. Call us for assistance.
- Smoke alarms must be installed according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- All smoke alarms should be tested regularly and at least monthly.
- You should replace the battery in each smoke alarm at least once a year.
- Alarms should be replaced as recommended because they have a limited lifespan.
- To be effective smoke alarms must be cleaned regularly.
- Your household should prepare a written escape plan and practise it regularly
Top of the Mark Electrical are experienced, qualified electricians who can assist with fitting smoke alarms and smoke detectors throughout your home or investment property. We service the entire Sydney metropolitan area and locally in the Northern Suburbs of Macquarie Park, North Ryde, Ryde, West Ryde, East Ryde, Denistone, Denistone East, Epping, North Epping, Killara, Pymble, West Pymble, Gladesville, Putney and Hunters Hill.
Get a quote for smoke alarm installation and repair
(Source Fire & Rescue NSW)
Top of the Mark Electrical are qualified electricians servicing Sydney’s Northern Suburbs including Macquarie Park, North Ryde, Ryde, West Ryde, East Ryde, Denistone, Denistone East, Epping, North Epping, Killara, Pymble, West Pymble, Gladesville, Putney and Hunters Hill.